|Challenging teen-agers in their own fields and areas of interest, PEGASO – Fit 4 Future - aims at promoting a sustainable change towards healthy lifestyles, with an holistic and multidisciplinary approach. |
Pivotal elements of the PEGASO strategy are:
On the technology level, PEGASO is a multi-dimensional and cross-disciplinary ICT-based system that exploiting sophisticated and engaging game mechanics will motivate behavioural changes towards healthy lifestyles thus preventing overweight and obesity in the younger population. The framework of PEGASO is developed along three main dimensions:
- developing self-awareness,
- enhancing and sustaining motivation,
- promoting behavioural change towards a healthy lifestyle.
- Individual & Environmental Monitoring – a high level-monitoring platform including wearable sensors, mobile phone as well as multimedia diaries for the acquisition of physical, behavioural and emotional attitude of adolescent.
- Feedback System - providing feedback in terms of "health status" changes, required actions to undertake and so on, proposing personalized healthy options for alternative lifestyles.
- Social connectivity and engagement - addressing social networking strategies for users to share experiences in a community of peers through different gaming strategies.